Tuesday, July 28, 2009

My Brainy Babies with Flash Cards

So I made some baby flash cards. Mackenzie and I worked on them together today. I just bought some plain index cards and wrote some things in big sharpie and glued pics on some. The sets I made are familiar things, picture of Myself, Derek, Sister, Bottle, Spoon, Feet, Hand. I flashed each card one second, then pics two and retold the names, held them out and said one of the cards, they pic the correct ones every single time. Brody was hyper and ready for bed, but still did it right on. I will add more to choose from, and then move on to my other sets. Numbers 1-10 and with dots on the back of them, A-Z, and Animals, their own names, and Yes, No. Also on all the ones with pictures, I have the words on back, and eventually move to them recognizing the words. I read about how babies are sponges and can learn at a rate adults just can't believe. I am a true believer. Mason was looking back and forth before he picked his concentrating lol, it was so cute. Mason is our little thinker and calmer baby. He's also into music. Loves Mackenzie playing her violin, and playing his tap a tune piano, but actually to a nice sound. Maybe he'll be our little piano man......I won't force anything onto him. And a tip, the flash cards shouldn't be forced, but used during playtime so it's fun. I totally recommend them. I'll keep an update on how they like them. Today was the first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment